TNEB stands for Tamil Nadu Electricity Board, owned primarily by the Government of Tamil Nadu. It handles the generation and distribution of electricity throughout Tamil Nadu. One can estimate the importance of TNEB as it allows users to create their own mail, send emails and complaints in case of any trouble with their electrical supply and can also make online payments of their electric bills every month.
TNEB webmail has been widely used by the citizens of Tamil Nadu owing to the various benefits provided by the webmail interface. In this article, we shall discuss the various uses of the TNEB webmail and how to access the TNEB webmail resorting to alternative ways. Let us proceed to the details.
What is TNEB Webmail?
Probably everyone living in Tamil Nadu knows about TNEB as they are completely dependent on TNEB for their electricity supply. It becomes easier for customers if along with the electrical supply from TNEB, they also receive other benefits. And that is exactly why TNEB has facilitated its customers to reap the benefits of TNEB webmail.
The server has got a huge number of users, almost 12,000 and beyond. On visiting the website of TNEB, one can also find the link to its webmail. The existing webmail interface provides features such as faster mail movements; larger file uploads through FTP Servers, change of themes, more search options; online bill payment, and many more.
The TNEB webmail server was migrated to new hardware/software in the year 2017. One can use the TNEB webmail server to send and receive emails from and to the email server of TNEB. Customers face absolutely no hassle in using the TNEB webmail.
In the following section, we will give vivid descriptions of how to use the TNEB webmail and avail its benefits. We will also give an account of the methods using which, one can log in to the TNEB webmail and make bill payments on time.
How to use TNEB Webmail?
The first thing to do is to register as a user of TNEB webmail. For this, one has to keep the following points in his/her mind:
- You can sign up using the webmail interface to pay for your bills. But even before signing up for availing this service you have to register yourself.
- As soon as the registration is done, your consumer email will be generated which you can use any time you want.
You will also have your authentic password with which you can log in and use your consumer email id to pay bills and do other required works.
- Users will not gain access to the TNEB webmail if proper email and password is not used.
- The user id or the mail id with which the user has registered cannot be changed or modified.
- If you forget your user id or you have any other trouble in accessing your user id, you can delete the id and create a new one. You will have to have a fresh registration.
- A consumer is allowed to add a number of consumer numbers to his email. That means you can use more than one, basically up to 24 numbers to add up as Consumer number. You can use any one of them to make online payments.
- If you pay using this webmail id, you will receive an e-receipt, mentioning the amount you paid along with all the other required details.
- You can update your profile information by clicking on the “Update Profile” button.
- It is recommended to change the password frequently due to security purposes. It can be done with the help of the “Change Password” option.
- Just like Gmail accounts or any other mail account, in the TNEB webmail account also you get an option called “Forgot password” to retrieve your account.
- The email attachment has been upgraded for the users from 3mb to 5mb.
In order to access the TNEB webmail, users can use the following interfaces:
- http://mail.TNEBnet.org/cgi-bin/sqwebmail – This can be accessed only through the internet.
- http://192.168.150.1.cgi-bin/sqwebmail – This is for the intranet users.
If you wish to access the TNEB webmail through a web browser on your smartphone, you will require other links. The links will work in your favor and give you the best browsing experience. The links have been provided below:-
Using the above links you will get hold of the TNEB webmail. Here’s is the step by step process of how to login to TNEB webmail. This method is quite popular and can be an alternative to the above-mentioned web interfaces. The steps are as follows:-
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of TNEB. You are likely to find the link to the TNEB webmail there. Click on the link.
- Step 2 – You will be displayed with the login page.
- Step 3 – Enter your user Id and password. Click on the login button.
- Step 4 – You will be redirected to the TNEB webmail.
If you find trouble in accessing the TNEB webmail through the TNEB official website, you can use the alternative website links given below:
Recently, users are also facing issues while accessing the TNEB webmail. For many, even the alternative links are not working. This is because TNEB has changed the VPN, i.e. virtual private network. However, here is a solution. You can use the Citrix Receiver app to access the TNEB webmail. The steps are as follows:-
- Step 1 – Install the Citrix Receiver app.
- Step 2 – Open Netscaler gateway from the browser.
- Step 3 – You can also use the link http://www.tantransco.gov.in/.
- Step 4 – You will be displayed with the TNEB webmail login page.
- Step 5 – Add your credentials.
- Step 6 – Select the Lotus webmail.
- Step 7 – Enter your user id and password.
- Step 8 – You will finally login to the TNEB webmail by clicking on the login button.
These were some easy and simple methods that will help you to get hold of the TNEB webmail. We hope this article was helpful to you. You can always come back here and have your doubts solved.