The HostMonster Webmail is of special significance to the Hostmonster customers. The Hostmonster website which is known for providing shared hosting features along with many other exclusive features is a well-accepted site. One can create his/her own website and manage multiple domains using HostMonster. Through the years, the site has evolved itself to provide an even better experience to its customers.
Hostmonster allows the users to access unlimited disk storage, unlimited add-on domains, free domain name, unlimited domain hosting, and many more varied features. The features you are allowed to access at a time, however, depend on the type of plan you choose. The plans are quite affordable starting from just $4.95 per month which is a basic plan with diverse features. If you want to upgrade the features, you have to select your plans accordingly. The best part is that you can create an account and cancel it within 30 days. Not only is your plan canceled but your money is also returned to you. Thus, it is a kind of free trial that HostMonster offers to its users.
Hostmonster has its customers’ convenience in mind and has therefore enabled its customers to access the Hostmonster webmail. In this article, we will be giving a detailed description of the Hostmonster website and the steps required to access the Hostmonster webmail.
What is Hostmonster Webmail?
The Hostmonster allows its users to create their own email accounts and access several domains. But the Hostmonster webmail makes it easier for anyone to access the mail account and work hassle-free. The web-based emails can be accessed anywhere. The Hostmonster offers webmails such as Roundcube and Horde that can be accessed through the URL – https://hostmonster.com/webmail.
The Hostmonster webmail will allow you to access your Hostmonster email account on the desktop if you have trouble having the mail app on your desktop. Also, it allows you to access the required information through both the internet and intranet. It helps you save storage on your device as the mails are saved automatically online. The emails are stored mainly in the two protocols called IMAP and POP. But you need to know which server or port is required to access Hostmonster webmail. Also, there are several pre-settings that have to be done. Only when all the settings are apt and the information provided by you for login is relevant, you can log in to the Hostmonster webmail.
Therefore, we have attached another section that will help you to know all the details you need to know beforehand. Also, the steps are included in the section. Let us proceed.
How to access the Hostmonster Webmail?
As stated earlier, you need to make sure that you have the proper settings. This includes securing the SSL/TLS Settings and the Standard Settings on your device. Follow the points below to understand:-
- In the SSL/TLS settings, you need to enter your email address as the username and the password. You can click on the ‘Forgot Password’ in case you want to retrieve it.
- Under Incoming Server, put mail.example.com. (Example= your domain name).
- Set 993(IMAP) or 995(POP3) as the Incoming port.
- Set mail.example.comas the Outgoing Server.
- The Outgoing port would be 465(SMTP).
- Enter your password as authentication.
- Use your email address as your username and password.
- Set Incoming Server as mail.example.com. (Example = domain name).
- Use 143(IMAP) or 110(POP3) as the Incoming Port.
- Use mail.example.comas Outgoing Server.
- The Outgoing port would be 25(SMTP).
- For authentication, use your password.
Without these setups, you might face trouble while accessing the Hostmonster webmail. But after you are done with the settings, all you need is some simple steps to open the Hostmonster webmail. The first way of Hostmonster webmail log in requires the following steps:-
- Step 1 – Open your web browser. You can use any browser, like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Step 2 – In the Search Bar of your browser, search for https://Hoatmonster.com/webmail.
- Step 3 – You will be displayed with the login page of Hostmonster on your screen.
- Step 4 – Enter your email address as your username.
- Step 5 – Enter your password.
- Step 6 – Click on the ‘Login’ button.
The above method is the basic and simplest of all methods. But it might not work at times owing to the change in VPN of the Hostmonster Webmail. Hence, we are attaching yet another method so that you are not troubled. This method uses the custom domain and redirects you to the mail Hostmonster webmail URL.
Follow the steps below to reach Hostmonster webmail:
- Step 1 – You need to follow the steps mentioned in the earlier method to log in to your own webmail, using your username and password.
- Step 2 – You need to select a webmail client whom you want to allow accessing your mail.
- Step 3 – Copy the URL from the address bar of your browser.
- Step 4 – In the Control Panel, click ‘Domains’ and then select ‘Subdomain’ under the main menu.
- Step 5 – Create a Subdomain which is different from the name of your main domain. You can also select any name from the drop-down options.
- Step 6 – Once you are done choosing the apt name, click on ‘Create’.
- Step 7 – Now go to Domain and click on ‘Redirect’.
- Step 8 – Add a new subdomain name under the ‘Add Redirect’ option.
- Step 9 – Paste the webmail URL, the one which you own initially in the ‘Redirects To’ field.
- Step 10 – In this final step, you have to save your changes by clicking the ‘Add this Redirect’ button.
This is a little longer but you are left with no option but to try this one if the first method doesn’t work well for you.
You can use either of the methods to access the Hostmonster webmail. The second method is for those who want to be risk-free as it would ensure with another subdomain, in case you cannot access the webmail through the main domain. We hope this article on Hostmonster Webmail was helpful to you.