The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, or IITK, is a well-known institute in India, located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. The Institute of Technology of Kerala (ITK) has attained national prominence because the Indian government designated it under the Institutes of Technology Act. Because of its well-designed educational departments – engineering, science, multidisciplinary, management, and many more – IITK has drawn students from all across the country.
Over the years, IITK has provided students with the best educational facilities. Thousands of students’ progress and organized careers have been added by it. According to the National Institute of Engineering and Technology (NIRF), IITK is India’s fourth finest engineering college. Thus, the importance of IITK in India, particularly for engineering students, may be estimated.
Being the premier educational institution comes with the obligation of providing the best services to students. IITK Webmail is an example of a communication facility provided to IITK students. In this tutorial, we’ll go over all to know about IITK Webmail.
What is IITK Webmail?
IITK, like any other reputable university, has established its Webmail to allow its students to access vital information and exchange emails and other academic-related material via Webmail.
The open-source installation of IITK’s Webmail has been made easier. IITK Webmail is accessible using third-party mail programs including MS Outlook, Thunderbird, Gmail, and the webmail interface. We’ll show you how to access IITK Webmail in this article. We’ll show you how to access IITK Webmail with MS Outlook and how to set up IITK Webmail in the Gmail app on your smartphone step by step. You will be able to access IITK Webmail without much difficulty due to this.
Before you get started with the step-by-step approach, there are a few things you should know about IITK Webmail. The following are some of them:
- POP3 (S) or IMAP protocols are necessary to access the saved emails on IITK’s server (S).
- If you have a sluggish internet connection or live in a distant place, POP 3 can be used.
- IMAP will be used within the LAN, aided by the high-speed connection.
- The IITK community can only use the POP3 and IMAP servers. If you have the necessary authorization, you can acquire access.
- If you utilize a POP3 server, the emails are downloaded and saved locally. When using this server, one must use greater caution.
- When utilizing the IMAP server, the files are downloaded from the server and are also copied to the IMAP server.
- It has two SMTP servers for end-user use.
Before using IITK Webmail, you should be aware of the following information. Let’s look at the IITK Webmail in more depth now.
The 2 SMTP servers are IITK.ac.in – One can use this server from both the internet and Intranet using ports 25(SMTP) and 465 (SMTPS).
IITK.ac.in – The only limitation is that it can best be accessed within the Intranet. The ports used are 25(SMTP) and 465 (SMTPS).
How to access IITK Webmail?
The two servers indicated above can be used to access the IITK webmail. It is not limited to the two examples above. You can also use the following interfaces to get access to your webmail messages:-
- IITK.ac.in – This URL can be accessed via the internet and the Intranet. Ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (SSH) are necessary (HTTPS).
- IITK.ac.in – This site can only be accessed via Intranet using ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) (HTTPS).
- IITK.ac.in — This is only accessible via Intranet over port 443 (HTTPS).
- IITK.ac.in — This site can be visited via the internet and Intranet, but only via the 443 (HTTPS) port.
How to access IITK Webmail through MS Outlook?
We’ve shown you how to use Microsoft Outlook to access IITK Webmail, which is considered a personal email client. Microsoft has released a personal information manager that you may download and install on your computer. You can use this software to access the IITK webmail, which will keep your information safe and secure. Here’s how to do it step by step:
- Step 1 – Go to Microsoft Outlook and open it.
- Step 2 – Select ‘File’ and then ‘Add Account.’
- Step 3 – To add an account, type the webmail address as the email address you’d like to access.
- Step 4 – In the area where the password is required, type the webmail password.
- Step 5 – The final step is to configure server settings manually. ‘Next’ should be selected.
- Step 6 – Click ‘Next’ after selecting Internet mail.
- Step 7 – For the account type, choose IMAP.
- Step 8 – A Logon Information box will appear. Fill in the username and password fields.
- Step 9 – Go to ‘More Settings’>Outgoing Server Tab >Turn on ‘My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication.’ Set the Incoming mail server in the same way.
- Step 10 – Select ‘Advanced Tab’ from the drop-down menu. Fill up the essential fields. ‘Next’ should be selected.
All you have to do now is wait a few seconds for MS Outlook to verify that the information you gave is correct. After the process has been finished and checked, you can use MS Outlook to access the IITK Webmail.
How do I use the Gmail app on my phone to access IITK Webmail?
Not everyone has access to a computer at all times. Italians will also require access to their Webmail on their devices. Take the following actions to see whether they work for you:-
- Step 1 – Set up Iitk Webmail on your smartphone.
- Step 2 – Fill in your login and password for Webmail.
- Step 3 – Select qasid as the incoming server in the Incoming server settings.
- Step 4 – Select https://webmail.iitk.ac.in/ as the outgoing server in the outgoing server settings.
- Step 5 – When the process is finished, the contents of IITK Webmail will appear on your smartphone.
To go to the IITK Webmail, follow these procedures. We hope you found this helpful post and that both the methods and the supplementary information about servers were helpful to you.