Many folks who I’ve helped (friends, family, etc.) with their computers have had difficulty accessing their webmail. Users are required to use the same login for My Aliant and other Aliant services. If this is your first time dealing with Aliant, you already know how challenging it can be (especially if you’re not very computer savvy). Even if you can still log in with your old password, Aliant does not offer a way to reset it. There aren’t any.
Their website has a “forgot my password” tool. The only way I can think of to remedy this is to do the following:
- Create a free Google Apps email account.
- Go to the Aliant website and log in, then click on “My Aliant” in the top right corner of any page. You’ll be led to a screen that has your username (yourusername@myaliant), email address, password hint, and “Forgot Password” link. Please disregard that link.
Must Read: Aliant Webmail
- In the upper right corner of your screen, click the “Need Help?” button and select “Email Us” from the drop-down menu. Then select “Webmail login issue” and inform them that you need to change your password. You will need to know the email address you used for Aliant (you can browse through the pages you are on to locate it) or scroll through the pages you are on to find it.
- You will receive an email from my Aliant with a temporary password. Return to your Aliant account and click “Email Us” once more after receiving the email (still under Webmail login issue). You will need to inform them of the temporary password they gave you. They will change your password to a fresh, random one so you won’t forget it.
- Re-enter your new temporary password on the Aliant website. Make it something you’ll remember by changing it (make sure not to use the same password as before).