Those who are associated with educational organizations might be aware of how important are webmails. Webmail is basically an email service, accessible through a browser, such as Google Chrome. Cdac webmail is one such webmail that is set up for the purpose of being used by students. All it takes for a student to access a particular webmail of an educational institution is to have a login id and a password. Of course, before that, he/she has to be a part of that particular institution. Only then, he/she can be permitted access over the webmail.
This was a rough idea of how a webmail functions. A webmail has a significant role to play for every official or educational organizations. In this article, we will be focusing on cdac webmail. We will be starting with what is Cdac, why is cdac webmail necessary, and how one can access cdac webmail.
What is CDAC?
Cdac stands for Centre for Development and Advanced Computing. Cdac is a completely autonomous organization that offers with various options to those students who find it hard to crack other competitive exams. Cdaccomes up with courses involving advanced Computing and software development. Students who have an interest in computer-related courses will find Cdac to be immensely helpful.
Cdac has many diploma courses to offer which are through ACTS ( Advanced Computing Training School). The schools are located all over India and you can opt for a Cdac course in any of these schools located in different parts of India. The Cdac is under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology owned by the Government of India.
Cdac as a reputable institution has its own verified website and webmail. This is to ensure the Right to Information to the Cdacians and the general public. In the following section, we will be focusing on the importance of Cdac Webmail.
Why is CDAC Webmail required?
For any student willing to grab a chance of pursuing a course from Cdac, a minimum amount of information is required to know about the details of the courses offered. As already stated, cdac has its own website which is available to everyone. Once you open the cdac website, you get a plethora of information on its courses and other details.
Similarly, Cdac has built its webmail for students which can be accessed through the students’ log in ids and a password. The cdac webmail provides the students with reliable and comprehensive data. The cdac webmail is exclusive to cdacians. Only those attached to this organization has access to its webmail.
However, we are aware of the fact that many are facing problems while accessing the cdac webmail. That is why we are here to bombard you with some new methods/ steps which you were initially unknown to you. Accessing the cdac webmail will now be easier if you move on to the next section of this article.
How to access CDAC Webmail?
Earlier, it was quite easy to access the cdac webmail. The traditional and the easiest steps followed by almost everyone to access cdac webmail were as follows:-
- Step 1 – Open Google Chrome or any other web browser that you have.
- Step 2 – Go to your web location or search badly on the topmost part of your page.
- Step 3 – Type your domain name in the bar. In this case, it will be www.webmail.cdac.in.
- Step 4 – You will now be displayed with a different page where you will find that you have been redirected to the cdac’s official website featuring the student login option.
- Step 5 – Now all you have to do is to enter your log in id and the password. You will then get hold of the webmail and its underlying information.
These steps are still in use. There are people who do not face problem in accessing CDAC’s Webmail at all when they follow these steps. Another alternative but quite a similar method is also followed by a few. Here it goes:-
- Step 1 – Open your web browser.
- Step 2 – Type www.cdac.in in the search bar.
- Step 3 – The official website of cdac will open shortly after you press the enter button.
- Step 4 – You will find yourself on the home page of cdac website.
- Step 5 – On the top right side, you will find the Menu button.
- Step 6 – You will find an option that says ‘Student’s login’.
- Step 7 – Upon clicking on Student’s login, you will have to enter the details -log in id and password. That is how you will succeed in opening cdac webmail.
These methods always are not able to give you access over the cdac webmail. This is because cdac has recently moved Its webmail under a VPN which means a VirtualPrivate Network. This makes it a lot more difficult for any student to gain access over cdac webmail.
VPN ensures that the data on the webmail is protected. Hence, accessing the cdac webmail outside their systems has become quite difficult but it can be made easier. That is exactly why we are here. Follow these steps to access the cdac webmail through your smartphone or computer:-
- Step 1 – Install the app named Citrix Receiver. With this app, one can access emails through Computers or smartphones.
- Step 2 – Open the app on your device and openNetscaler Gateway.
- Step 3 – You will be redirected to the login page of Cdac.
- Step 4 – Use your credentials to log in.
- Step 5 – In order to get the Cdac webmail page, you will have to select Lotus Webmail.
- Step 6 – Now, enter your log in id and password to access your cdac webmail on your phone or computer.
All three methods described are expected to work. If you face any difficulty using the first two methods, resort to the third method. It has been reported to be effective as compared to the other two. We hope this article proved to be beneficial to you in lessening your problems in accessing cdac webmail.