Indian Council of Agricultural Research, shortened as ICAR, is primarily an autonomous organization. ICAR is under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. The Government of India regulates ICAR. It was established back in 1929.
This was a little something on ICAR as an institution. ICAR is particularly a concern to the students willing to do their higher studies in agricultural research. Besides several remarkable achievements of ICAR, it is also known to provide accreditation to universities and colleges spread around India. ICAR has also enabled the students and its staff to access the ICAR Webmail.
The ICAR Webmail has a particular significance in the working of the institution. This article will refer to the various ways of accessing the ICAR Webmail and how the ICAR Webmail functions. Let us get into the details.
What is ICAR Webmail?
ICAR has its headquarters in New Delhi. The offices can’t notify each staff or student to convey information in time. There has to be an accessible mode of communication.
In this age of modernization and digitalization, it is pretty easy to use Webmail to access an institution’s notice and details. Thus, the ICAR Webmail serves the purpose of convenient communication between the institution and the concerned people.
ICAR holds an All India Entrance Exam for Agriculture (shortened as AIEEA) for the students willing to get into colleges or universities accredited by ICAR. Thus, the ICAR Webmail would be significant in letting the students know about the examination details and the results. ICAR Webmail interface facilitates students to create their mail account and communicate with the ICAR directly.
To reap the facilities provided by the ICAR Webmail, one has to know how to register as a user for ICAR Webmail, log in to ICAR Webmail, and use it. We have included all the necessary details and the step-by-step process of accessing the ICAR Webmail.
How to Access the ICAR Webmail?
The ICAR Electronics Communication system states two Webmail interfaces that can access the ICAR Webmail. These two are:
The links are ICAR Unified Communication Certified. The safety of using these links is guaranteed. You will have no problem using the ICAR Webmail and exchanging emails if you know the proper steps. The steps vary based on the device or software to access the ICAR Webmail. We have tried to cover all possible accessing the ICAR Webmail. Let us look into the following section.
How to access ICAR Webmail using Outlook Web App?
- Step 1 – Open your web browser. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or anything else will do.
- Step 2 – In the address bar of your web browser, search for the URL – https://mail.icar.gov.in and click Enter.
- Step 3 – You will be displayed with the Outlook Web App Page.
- Step 4 – You will have to enter your user name and password.
- Step 5 – Click on Sign In.
- Step 6 – You will enter the ICAR Webmail, where you will be displayed with various options such as Inbox, Sent Items, New Mail. This is exactly like the Gmail or Yahoo Mail account.
How to Access ICAR Webmail using Android Mobile?
ICAR Webmail can be accessed through the inbuilt email application. You will no longer require a desktop to access the ICAR Webmail if you have an android phone. You have to follow these few simple steps to use the ICAR Webmail on your phone. The steps are as follows:-
- Step 1 – Click on the Email app on your phone.
- Step 2 – In the Account Setup option, add your ICAR email id and the relevant password.
- Step 3 – Click on Next.
- Step 4 – You will have to enter some values for the Domain name and other concerned boxes.
- Step 5 – Click on OK in Remote Security Option.
- Step 6 – You can also configure additional settings and adjust your account settings accordingly.
- Step 7 – Click on Next.
- Step 8 – You can enter a name for the Exchange mailbox now set up.
- Step 9 – You can now use the ICAR email to access your account from your android phone and exchange emails.
How to Access ICAR Webmail on Windows Mobile?
It becomes difficult for many Windows Mobile users to access certain websites. Therefore, we have brought you the step-by-step method to use the ICAR Webmail without hassle. Follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Step 1 – Open the inbuilt email app on your phone.
- Step 2 – Tap on Settings.
- Step 3 – Tap on Email+accounts.
- Step 4 – Click on Add account.
- Step 5 – Select the type of mail you want to create. You will be provided with options such as Outlook, Hotmail, Nokia Mail, and many more.
- Step 6 – Enter your email id and password.
- Step 7 – Click on Sign In.
- Step 8 – Now, you can use your account and access the ICAR Webmail.
If you are looking for an alternative process to access the ICAR Webmail, we can provide you with that. Since the ICAR Webmail was changed to another VPN, i.e., Virtual Private Network, it is essential to know an alternative method to access the ICAR Webmail. You can use a different app for this.
Install the Citrix Receiver App and open the Netscaler Gateway. You will reach the page of ICAR Webmail, where you can enter your username and password. You will then be displayed with the Webmail page. You can get the app from Play Store itself.
We have elaborated more than two ways and an alternative to accessing the ICAR Webmail. Follow the simple steps and always come back to us if you have any trouble. We hope this article on ICAR Webmail was helpful to you.