Indian Council of Agricultural Research, shortened as ICAR is primarily an autonomous organization. ICAR is under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) and also under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. ICAR is regulated by the Government of India. It was established back in 1929.
This was a little something on ICAR as an institution. ICAR is particularly a concern to the students willing to do their higher studies in the field of agricultural research. Besides, several remarkable achievements of ICAR, it is also known to provide accreditation to universities and colleges spread around India. ICAR has also enabled the students and its staff to gain access to the ICAR Webmail.
The ICAR Webmail has a particular significance in the working of the institution. In this article, we will be referring to the various ways of accessing the ICAR Webmail and also on how the ICAR Webmail functions. Let us get into the details.
What is ICAR Webmail?
ICAR has its headquarters in New Delhi. It is not possible for the headquarters to notify each and every staff or student to convey information in time. There has to be an easy mode of communication.
In this age of modernization and digitalization, it is quite easy to use Webmail for gaining access to an institution’s notice and details. Thus, the ICAR Webmail serves the purpose of convenient communication between the institution and the concerned people.
ICAR holds an All India Entrance Exam for Agriculture (shortened as AIEEA) for the students willing to get into colleges or universities accredited by ICAR. Thus, the ICAR Webmail would have significance in letting the students know about the details of the examination and the results. ICAR Webmail interface facilitates students to create their own mail account and communicate with the ICAR directly.
To reap the facilities provided by the ICAR Webmail, one has to know how to register as a user for ICAR Webmail; how to log in to ICAR Webmail and how to use it. We have included all the necessary details and the step by step process of accessing the ICAR Webmail.
How to Access the ICAR Webmail?
The ICAR Electronics Communication system states two Webmail interfaces that can be used to gain access to the ICAR Webmail. These two are:
The links are ICAR Unified Communication Certified. The safety of using these links is guaranteed. You will have no problem in using the ICAR Webmail and exchange emails if you know the proper steps. The steps vary based on the device or software one is using to access the ICAR Webmail. We have tried to cover all the possible ways of accessing the ICAR Webmail. Let us look into the following section.
How to access ICAR Webmail using Outlook Web App?
- Step 1 – Open your web browser. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or anything else will do.
- Step 2 – In the address bar of your web browser, search for the URL – https://mail.ICAR.gov.in and click Enter.
- Step 3 – You will be displayed with the Outlook Web App Page.
- Step 4 – You will have to enter your credentials: User name and password.
- Step 5 – Click on Sign In.
- Step 6 – You will enter the ICAR Webmail where you will be displayed with various options such as Inbox, Sent Items, New Mail. This is exactly like the Gmail or Yahoo Mail account.
How to Access ICAR Webmail using Android Mobile?
ICAR Webmail can be accessed through the inbuilt email application. You will no longer require a desktop to access the ICAR Webmail if you have an android phone. You just have to follow these few simple steps in order to use the ICAR Webmail on your phone. The steps are as follows:-
- Step 1 – Click on the Email app on your phone.
- Step 2 – In the Account Setup option, add your ICAR email id and the relevant password.
- Step 3 – Click on Next.
- Step 4 – You will have to enter some values for the Domain name and other concerned boxes.
- Step 5 – Click on OK in Remote Security Option.
- Step 6 – You can also configure additional settings and adjust your account settings accordingly.
- Step 7 – Click on Next.
- Step 8 – You can enter a name for the Exchange mailbox now setup.
- Step 9 – You can now use the ICAR email to gain access over your account from your android phone and exchange emails.
How to Access ICAR Webmail on Windows Mobile?
For many Windows Mobile users, at times it becomes difficult to access certain websites. Therefore, we have brought to you the step by step method to use the ICAR Webmail without any hassle. Follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Step 1 – Open the inbuilt email app on your phone.
- Step 2 – Tap on Settings.
- Step 3 – Tap on Email+accounts.
- Step 4 – Click on Add account.
- Step 5 – Select the type of mail you want to create. You will be provided with options such as Outlook, Hotmail, Nokia Mail, and many more.
- Step 6 – Enter your email id and password.
- Step 7 – Click on Sign In.
- Step 8 – Now you can use your account and have access over the ICAR Webmail.
If you are looking for an alternative process to access the ICAR Webmail, we can provide you with that too. Since the ICAR Webmail was changed to another VPN i.e. Virtual Private network, it is important to know an alternative method to access the ICAR Webmail. You can use a different app for this.
Install the Citrix Receiver App and open the Netscaler Gateway. You will reach the page of ICAR Webmail where you can enter your username and password. You will then be displayed with the Webmail page. You can get the app from Play Store itself.
We have elaborated more than two ways and an alternative process of accessing the ICAR Webmail. Follow the simple steps and always come back to us if you have any trouble. We hope this article on ICAR Webmail was helpful to you.