In Hauz Khas, Delhi, the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, or IITD. IITD, located in India’s capital city, has long been the country’s leading educational institution. This institution is mostly for engineering students and individuals interested in research projects. IITD is important in Indian education since it has drawn engineering students from around the country and other countries. It has well-designed engineering, scientific, transdisciplinary, arts, management, and other departments.
IITD has provided the best educational facilities to its students through excellent education and well-educated faculty. After passing its admission exam, anyone who has been accepted into IITD is a truly exceptional student. IITD is committed to developing students’ skills and protecting their futures. Once a student is accepted into IITD and performs well throughout their studies, they should be able to find a promising career in one of the country’s or the world’s most significant corporations or organizations.
As the IITD has taken on the job of nurturing the students. It has also ensured that the students and everyone affiliated with it can benefit from all of the benefits through a more convenient way of communication. IITD does have its webmail. This essay will go over all there is to know about the IITD webmail. We’ll also go over the steps for accessing the IITD Webmail via many methods. Let’s get into the nitty-gritty of it.
What is IITD Webmail?
The IITD webmail has crucial information, notices, and timetables. After logging in to the webmail, students can efficiently utilize the IITD webmail. They can also communicate with their department’s instructors or other students simply by exchanging emails. The IITD webmail has all the information you need on fees, exams, and admissions.
Students and employees can utilize the IITD webmail to create their accounts and communicate via the webmail interface. The most remarkable aspect of IITD webmail is that it is made possible by IITD’s open source installation. It can be accessed using various third-party platforms, such as a simple smartphone or MS Outlook, Thunderbird, or Gmail, among others. This allows the user to access the IITD webmail easily. More information on IITD Webmail can be found in the next section.
How to Access IITD Webmail?
You need to know a few things before we get into the step-by-step ways of accessing the IITD webmail. The modifications you need to make in the Settings, and further information about the IITD webmail are listed below.
- Using the IITD webmail login, users with a user id and password can access their stored emails on IITD’s server at any time.
- When accessing the IITD webmail, make sure you utilize the POP (3) or IMAP(S) protocols. Changes can be made under the Settings.
- The IITD webmail servers are only for the use of IITD members. Make sure your privacy is protected.
- Authorization and an id are required to access the IITD webmail.
- Webmail messages are downloaded, and if you use the POP (3) server, you can save them locally.
- IMAP server customers enjoy the added benefit of having their emails downloaded and copied on the server.
Email Client Configuration
If you want to avoid having to log in to your [Username] id repeatedly and want to sync your [Username] id with your Android, iOS, and iPadOS devices, follow the steps below.
When you sync your webmail with your phone, you’ll have a single interface for receiving, writing, and sending emails.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Email
- ‘Email id’ is your Username@iitd.ac.in
- ‘Username’ is your [Username], and ‘Password’ is the password for your [Username].
- Select ‘Manual Setup’ > ‘IMAP Account’
- IMAP server : mailstore.iitd.ac.in
- Security Type: SSL (Accept all certificates). Click Next.
- SMTP server : smtp.iitd.ac.in
- Security Type: SSL (Accept all certificates). Click Next
- Choose your preferred synchronization frequency and other parameters. Next should be selected.
- Give your account a name. After that, click Done.
iOS and iPadOS
- Go to Settings > Mail > Add account > Others > Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name; your email address is Username@iitd.ac.in, and your password is [Username]. Next should be selected.
- Hostname of ‘incoming mail server’: mailstore.iitd.ac.in
- Username: Your [Username]
- Hostname of ‘outgoing mail server’: smtp.iitd.ac.in
- Click next -> Click keep going in the ‘pop up window’.
When it comes to servers, it’s essential to know which one to utilize. More than one server can be used to access the IITD webmail. Here’s the rundown:
- mmtp.iitd.ac.in — This SMTP server may be accessed via the Internet and intranet. 25 (SMTP) and 465 (HTTPS) are the ports to utilize (SMTPS).
- smtp.cc.iitd.ac.in — This is another SMTP server with the drawback of being inaccessible over the Internet. This can only be accessible over the intranet, utilizing ports 25 (HTTP) and 465 (SSH) (SMTPS).
- nwm.iitd.ac.in — This is only accessible over the Internet and intranet using the 443(HTTPS) port.
- iitd.ac.in/webmail – 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) are the ports required to access this URL (HTTPS). Both the Internet and the intranet can be utilized.
- iitd.ac.in/webmail/webmail1.ac.in — This can be used as a substitute for the last option. If you have trouble accessing any of the above, you can use this instead. It can only be accessed via Intranet and uses ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (SSH) (HTTPS).
- iitd.ac.in/webmail/webmail2.ac.in — This feature is only available to intranet users. The only port that can be used to access this is 443 (HTTPS).
All of these servers are capable of performing well. If one of the servers is down, you can switch to one of the other six. Knowing the servers alone will not suffice if you do not understand the procedures that must be taken.
The steps to access the IITD webmail are as follows:
- Step 1 – Open your web browser in the first step. Any browser, such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, will suffice.
- Step 2 – Type any URLs from the six above lists in the search bar.
- Step 3 – The IITD webmail login screen will be shown.
- Step 4 – Type in your username and password.
- Step 5 – Select ‘ login’ from the drop-down menu.
If you want to use your smartphone to access IITD Webmail, follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Open the email app on your smartphone.
- Step 2 – Go to the settings and select Add Account.
- Add your IITD webmail username and password in step three.
- Step 4 – Set the incoming server to qasid.ac.in and the outgoing server to mmtm.iitd.ac.in.
- Step 5 – After clicking Sign In, your IITD webmail account will be connected to your phone.
The steps are straightforward and straightforward. The IITD webmail can be accessed by following the steps below. If none of the above ways work for you, you can use Citrix Receiver, a third-party program, to access the IITD webmail. We hope that the information in this post was helpful to you and helped alleviate your problems.